My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://desoumal.a3ai.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 11, 2006

The Camel Fair

Two years ago, when I reached Pushkar, Rajasthan on the first day of the Camel Fair, I was stunned by its grandeur and beauty. What also surprised me was the fact that there were barely any Indian tourists. Of course, everyone from the neighboring towns in Rajasthan was there, including the pilgrims who had come to visit the only Brahma temple in the world.

The small quiet town had literally transformed itself into one giant… eh… fair… with about 50000 camels, equal number of horses and ten times more people. It was also a perfect opportunity for photographers, filmmakers and journalists, with all the Rajasthani colors and flavors, and the full moon night when the pilgrims take bath in the holy lake.

This year, the dates are from Nov 2nd-6th, and I am planning a second trip. It’s hard not to, if I am in the country. Drop a word if you are reading this, and plan to be there. We could sit and chat by in the havelis and down a glass of bhang lassi one of the nights. ;)

Last time, I created several video blogs to give an idea of the atmosphere. One of them won the leaderboard in Current TV recently. You will find more in my video blog.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you are reading this, scrap me your number in Orkut. Lets talk, its been quite a while now.

poweredbybmw said...

nice to see you blogging. have added pushkar in my to do list. not this year though.

btw, dhoot here...